I have to admit that Halloween is not so much my favorite holiday. I like a mini Snickers bar (or ten) as much as the next gal, but I've never been a big costume fan. And since every day pretty much is dress-up day at our house, adding to the bursting dress-up bins with new Halloween costumes doesn't exactly get me fired up. But this year, our nanny showed up with a chicken costume for Dash which was so stinking cute, even I, the Halloween Grinch, had to get a little bit excited. Then Ella decided to be a chicken farmer to go along with Dash's chicken, and well, I finally started looking forward to October 31. Kids in coordinating costumes? Yes, please. The icing on the cake (candy coating on the M&Ms?) came when Ella's best friend invited us to her house for a Halloween dinner party followed by trick-or-treating with a group of pals. This was the first year Ella really seemed interested in the trick-or-treating part of the evening, and we did have fun roaming the streets as the sun went down, enjoying the company of our friends and watching the kids trick-or-treat together. So far, we've even managed to limit the amount of candy that has been consumed just by putting it away in a cabinet. I'm going to call it a successful Halloween. Bonus? Ella has worn the overalls and plaid shirt to school constantly, and as soon as she outgrows them, they go right into the 'To Grow Into' pile for Dash. Fun and thrifty!

The chicken farmer and her chicken.
Silliness with their best pals Leia and Miles.
Halloween gang takes to the streets.
Me and my little chicks
Trick or treat.
And now for a walk down Memory Lane....
Halloween 2008. Bald beauty.
Halloween 2008 as a non-plussed chili pepper.
Halloween 2009 as Ella the Elephant.
Halloween 2009. She didn't know there was candy inside but she sure had
fun lining up all the candy on the front porch rug.
Halloween 2010. Year Deux as Ella the Elephant. This year Mama
went as the lady who ate too much Halloween candy.
Halloween 2010 Elephant.
Halloween 2011. Ladybug and Dragon guarding the family pumpkins.
No comments:
Post a Comment