Thursday, June 14, 2012

EYYY-YAAAAAAAA!!

Josh usually does the bath and bedtime routine for both kids these days, but tonight he had some work to get done and he's been on his own a lot with me traveling for work, so I offered to put Dash down to bed.  I read him his stories and tried to put him in his crib but he immediately got hysterical, crying and screaming and standing up in his bed ("standing baby" is known around here as bad news.  If the kid is sitting or laying down, there is some hope of calming.  Standing baby is rarely calmed, we find).  He kept shouting over and over "Eyy-yaaaaa!  Eyyy-yaaaa!"  I was dumbfounded.  This baby is usually such a happy guy and so glad to get in his bed to sleep.  Then Josh came to my rescue and told me that after stories, Ella always comes and gives Dash a good night kiss. Sure enough, Ella ran in, gave him a huge hug, and said "Night night, Dashy!"  That was all the little dude wanted.  He hugged her back, smiled through the residual sniffles from his frantic outburst, and happily let me put him in his bed where he drifted off without another peep.  The bond these two have these days is so amazingly sweet I can barely stand it.

Saying night night to the backyard before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment