Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Sandwich fiasco

Little kids are creatures of habit, at least in our experience.  Nowhere is this more evident than at lunchtime at our house.  On the days that Ella is home for lunch, she likes to eat peanut butter and nutella swirled in a bowl (yes, that's correct, in a bowl, with a spoon), dried strawberries, and milk. 

Today, her Mimi picked her up at school so I had a few extra minutes to make her lunch before she got home.  I decided to make it extra special today by cutting out gingerbread man shapes in some bread and making a peanut butter and nutella sandwich with the little bread men.  I even made eyes and a smiley face with the nutella.  It was adorable!

I was so excited for her to come home and see her special lunch. 

Well, she came home from school, all right, took one look at the sandwich, and BURST into big, huge tears.

Sandwich fiasco.

Somehow, Mimi got her calmed down and pulled apart the sandwich to make open-faced peanut butter and nutella bread men.  Ella gobbled it up and just a few minutes ago, Mimi came up to my office to report that Ella had asked for another sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment