Josh said to me today that he is going to be really sad when Ella stops saying "fink" for "think" (which she says about a hundred times a day right now. You ask her a question, she cocks her head to the side, and she says "I fi-ink ...."). It got me thinking about all the great toddler words she had and how much I miss them as they give way to more grown-up pronunciations of things. I already miss...
That nilp has been replaced by milk.
Banilla has been replaced by vanilla.
Drjel has been replaced by dreidel.
Poo-poo has been replaced by purple.
Mundle has been replaced by middle.
And quite possibly my favorite, orneo, has been replaced by orange. Oh, how I loved orneo.
Fortunately, she still says hospible for hospital and the ever present fink. I'm not ready to lose all the baby words quite yet.
Don't forget cimminon.
ReplyDeleteIs Candolina still around? Haven't heard that lately...
ReplyDelete