I work from home, and my office is upstairs in our house near both of the children's bedrooms. I've had this work set-up since well before Ella was born, so she is very used to me working from home. Dash is too young, of course, to understand that I go to work upstairs, but since he is home on two of my work days being cared for by my mom, he has learned how to wave to me as I go upstairs in the morning when he is playing in the living room. He always seems somewhat mystified when I appear to say hi or get a snack and then disappear back to, well, wherever it is that I go. Today, though, Dash made a big discovery.
I was working in my office and he was playing in his bedroom with my mom when I heard the unmistakable sound of a quickly crawling baby in the hallway. I turned around and saw my office door pop open and a tiny head poke through. Dash got the biggest grin on his face when he saw me at my desk. It was as if the light bulb went off in his head. "THAT'S where my mama has been hiding!"
For the rest of the day, I could hear him escape from his room, zoom down the hall, and burst into my office with that same gleeful grin. It was too cute for either my mom or I to try to stop him. Who wouldn't want this kind of interruption?
No comments:
Post a Comment