Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chocolate milk

This morning we had breakfast with some friends at Mama Dip's in Chapel Hill.  I ordered two waters for the kids, but Ella uncharacteristically put on a pout and complained that she didn't want water.  This was unusual for her since lidded water cups in restaurants have always been one of her favorite things.  I could tell she had something else in mind so I asked her what she'd rather drink instead, thinking maybe one of the other kids at the table had ordered juice and she wanted that, too.  No, instead, she opened her menu and pointed to two little words:  Chocolate Milk.  Which she had read all by herself.  Which I then had to order for her because she had freaking read it and how could I not?  This reading thing, I tell you, game-changer for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment