I would love to have the time and resources to learn to be a great photographer. I have been taking a night class at UNC in their continuing education program in photography and I have enjoyed picking up a few new skills, but I can tell the road is long to really learning what I'm doing. Mostly what I need is time to practice. And I know I don't have that kind of time right now.
So for now, my goal is to occasionally capture my kids in their pure essence, being exactly themselves. Every now and then, I take a picture that just captures their little personalities so perfectly. I can sometimes force them into situations that improve my odds of getting that moment. I know enough to find good light. I know enough to get in close. But sometimes, that's just not enough. This morning before camp, in that lovely early morning light, Ella was joyfully jumping and playing and exploring the garden. Dash, well, he just wanted nothing but for me to hold him. I took this picture of the two of them hoping that her joy would rub off on him but I can definitively say that it did not. I suppose this is a real life shot but it's probably not one to frame and put on my mantle.

No comments:
Post a Comment