One of the things that I do a lot more of these days is online shop. I think this is true of all of us, but I'm pretty sure motherhood has increased my online (and concurrently decreased my in-person) shopping activities to the extreme. I mean, that Amazon app on my phone is amazing. Three clicks and anything I could ever want is on its way to my house in less than 48 hours! I can't even begin to tell you all the things I ordered at 3 a.m. when I was nursing tiny Dash all through the night. These days, at least my shopping is limited to normal awake hours, but I can sure do a lot of damage in that time.
My fears that I maybe do too much online shopping were realized earlier this week. I was walking Ella home from school, and we were about a mile from our house. I was wearing a hat and sunglasses (totally incognito, right?) when the UPS truck came rumbling down the road. Instead of speeding by, the truck slowed down and the driver leaned out to say hello. As he drove off, he said "I'll see you later today!" If your UPS driver knows you a mile from your house, he visits you a little too often.
No comments:
Post a Comment